BIRD 2.0.8

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Mar 24 03:03:38 CET 2021

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 07:51:00PM +0100, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> >> Never mind, I found that I should also read the notes :D
> >>   Notes:
> >>
> >>   Automatic channel reloads based on RPKI changes are enabled by default,
> >>   but require import table enabled when used in BGP import filter.
> >> Looks like this did the trick!
>
> > Yes, you should also get warning ("Automatic RPKI reload not active for import")
> > when run without import table enabled.
>
> Hey!
>
> How does `import table yes` interacts with `import keep filtered`? They
> look like the same, except the former is BGP specific.

Hi

They are two different ways to get similar results. The 'import keep
filtered' keeps filtered routes in main table, while 'import table'
keeps all pre-policy BGP routes in separate per-channel table.

The 'import keep filtered' uses less memory (each received route is
stored one times), while 'import table' stores accepted routes two
times (pre-policy and post-policy).

Main advantage of 'import table' is that it allows reloading import
(e.g. after change of import filter/policy) without externally visible
behavior (sending route refresh to peer), while 'import keep filtered'
just allows examining rejected routes.

They do not interact, you can enable both, but then you end with keeping
each received route two times.