Foreign upstream gateway for remote maintenance

Nils van Lück n.vanlueck at techkings.de
Fri Mar 26 08:47:02 CET 2021

Hello!

I am using the latest Bird version from the git repo under Debian. I
have one dedicated NIC for the LAN, one dedicated NIC for BGP sessions
and one NIC with an IP from a foreign ASN for remote maintenance. How
can I make the routed traffic go through Bird but still connect to a
foreign gateway via SSH through another NIC? Also the operating system
updates (apt-get) should run over the third NIC and not over the bird
routes.

NIC 1: LAN / OSPF
NIC 2: BGP / Peering / routed traffic over bird
NIC 3: foreign gateway fo remote maintenance of the routers debian
instance

Regards,

Nils van Lück