BMP protocol support - request for review and merge

Maslanka, Pawel pmaslank at akamai.com
Sun Mar 28 23:05:30 CEST 2021

Hi BIRD devs,

Akamai team have implemented basic subset of BMP (BGP Monitoring Protocol) specification for BIRD project (according to RFC 7854). We are happy to share our work with BIRD community and would ask for review patch. Please feel free for modify this patch to meet BIRD source code requirements for merge it to BIRD mainline code since we post this patch under to GPLv2+ license (please look at |proto/bmp/LICENSE|).
It worth to note that there are few minor unimplemented things from RFC 7854, but the most important are:
- not implemented Route Mirroring message
- not implemented Stats Report message

This implementation has been tested with open source BMP collectors like OpenBMP and pmacct. This patch is compatible with BIRD v2.0.7 release.

Additionally I would like to take the opportunity to thank Ondrej Zajicek for hints to contribution of this patch according to BIRD project specification.

Thanks,
Pawel Maslanka
Software Engineer at Akamai Technologies, Inc.