RE: How to prohibit resetting bgp neighborship after any bgp config change in bird.conf

Maria Matejka maria.matejka at nic.cz
Fri Apr 7 14:47:52 CEST 2023

Hello!

If you change bgp protocol parameters or rename your config blocks, it will restart the sessions, no matter what. Most of the knobs need restarting the session anyway, even by RFC.

The "configure soft" works only for filter changes and you should't run BIRD for a long time before actually reloading the affected channels.

We may suggest better if you disclose what you are actually changing.

Maria