BIRD 3.0alpha1

Ondrej Filip feela at network.cz
Fri Apr 21 09:20:29 CEST 2023

Dear BIRD Users,
we're presenting you a new alpha version of the Multithreaded BIRD.
Contrary to the previous version, you have to set your desired number
of threads in config by the threads N; option.

Version 3.0alpha1 fixes a lot of bugs found in previous versions. Our
tests show that the overall performance may be about 3-8 times better
than v2.0.12; yet the real life always brings questions and problems
which the development can't anticipate fully.

Please run your tests and we hope we get back to you soon with a
stable version. Looking forward to your reports.

I thank my colleagues and namely Maria for this release!

Cheers
	Ondrej