Some version questions

Maria Matejka maria.matejka at nic.cz
Wed Aug 9 18:34:27 CEST 2023

Hello!

On 8/9/23 16:07, Kobayashi_Bairuo via Bird-users wrote:

> We heard that BIRD is working on v3.0 and v2.14, what's new? Is
> support for MPLS on the agenda?

Version 3.0 is going to have at least one more alpha before releasing,
and it's basically 2.x with multithreaded internals.

Version 2.14 is not certain yet; looking into Git and my memory, there
may be some BMP fixes, some basic route aggregation (no prefix
aggregation yet), major filter syntax updates, and Babel RTT metric. The
list is not complete.

No MPLS improvements are to be merged any time soon. If you wish for a
specific improvement in a defined timeframe, we may talk at
bird-support at network.cz.

I hope I've answered your questions well.

Maria

--
Maria Matejka (she/her) | BIRD Team Leader | CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.