hardware preference

Pim van Pelt pim at ipng.nl
Thu Aug 24 19:57:20 CEST 2023

Hoi

I write a lot about (kernel and user space) routing performance on
https://ipng.ch/s/articles/ including hardware and dataplane acceleration
(with VPP and DPDK) on small (Fitlet2 or PCEngines), medium (Supermicro
Xeon 1518D or Netgate 6100), and very large (Ryzen/Milan/Xeon Platinum)
systems, from 100kpps and 1Gbit, all the way to 180Gbit/150Mpps.

As a control plane, the choice of software be it Bird or FRR or OpenBGPd et
al, is less relevant than your choice of kernel or dataplane acceleration.

Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Groet,
Pim

Pim van Pelt <pim at ipng.nl>
PBVP1-RIPE - http://www.ipng.nl/