Fwd: reset rx_limit/in_limit when routing table rt_count becomes less than these limits

Bala Sajja bssajja at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 07:27:09 CEST 2023

Hi, This query is regarding config options 'import limit', 'receive
limit' under channel . Currently BIRD doesn't have any alarm
generation sent asynchronously to interested processes. Users have to
either look at logs or query through bird cli. Question is if the
BLOCK action is chosen with 'import or receive limit', bird can block
the import of routes once limit is reached, but when withdrawal of
routes happens, bird also withdraw routes and we can observe these
routes removed from the kernel  also. Now  the imported route count is
less than the configured limit, But bird doesn't clear the HIT flag
and when routes come, these routes are still blocked though received
route count is within the configured limit.  User intervention is
needed to clear the HIT flag as mentioned in user documentation. As
there is already route count  in a table tracked, can this HIT flag be
cleared when route count reaches below the configured import/receive
limit for that route table?

Regards,
Bala.