Bird bfd configuration

LIU Chris chris-zq.liu at urbanandmainlines.com
Fri Feb 10 16:58:04 CET 2023

Anyone comment this issue ?

From: Bird-users <bird-users-bounces at network.cz> On Behalf Of LIU Chris via Bird-users
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2023 4:01 PM
To: bird-users at network.cz
Subject: RE: Bird bfd configuration

Hello,

I am trying to configure BFD protocol.  If configure 2 instances with below, it doesn't work. So I have to configure one instance, and put all the neighbors list to it.
Is it possible to configure separate instance ?

The below doesn't work
protocol bfd Test1 {
    interface "eth2" {
        min rx interval 1000000 us;
        min tx interval 1000000 us;
        idle tx interval 3000000 us;
        multiplier 3;
    };
    neighbor X1.Y1.Z1.A1 local X1.Y1.Z1.B1;
}

protocol bfd Test2 {
    interface "eth0" {
        min rx interval 1000000 us;
        min tx interval 1000000 us;
        idle tx interval 3000000 us;
        multiplier 3;
    };
    neighbor X2.Y2.Z2.A2 local X2.Y2.Z2.B2;
}

Below it is working,
protocol bfd Test {
    interface "eth*" {
        min rx interval 1000000 us;
        min tx interval 1000000 us;
        idle tx interval 3000000 us;
        multiplier 3;
    };
    neighbor X1.Y1.Z1.A1 local X1.Y1.Z1.B1;
    neighbor X2.Y2.Z2.A2 local X2.Y2.Z2.B2;
}

With best regards,

Chris

Thales is in the process of carving out its Transportation activity (GTS) from other Thales' activities. In order to prepare this internal restructuring, a new e-mail address has been adopted and your GTS contacts now use urbanandmainlines.com. Please note that their Thales e-mail address remains also valid.