BIRD BGP Local pref control

Shun Murayama shun-m at iij.ad.jp
Fri Feb 17 16:25:54 CET 2023

Hello bird users,

I'm testing BIRD in my test environment.
I have two problems and would you please share your knowledge.

1. Don't you know the regex to control as_path in the BGP BIRD?
I'd like to set if as-path much "^neighborAS_Tier1AS", then set the higher local preference.
BIRD's bgp_path attribute appears to support bgp_path.first and bgp_path.last.

2. Someone use the previous computer to run the BIRD BGP?
I'll try to performance receive BGP Full-Route, advertise few route and sent 10G+ traffic.
If you run BIRD BGP using the previous Xeon CPU(like E5 series) in the Linux servers and Linux kernel, let me know how much traffic can control.

I hope you have any knowledge.

Best reguard,
Shun

Shun Murayama