SYM_MAX_LEN

Alexander Zubkov green at qrator.net
Fri Jan 27 02:47:03 CET 2023

Hi,

If I do not mistake, cf_new_symbol() has incorrect check of symbol length.
In other places where SYM_MAX_LEN is used, it is expected that leading zero
is counted in it. But the check in cf_new_symbol() allows symbol length
equal to SYM_MAX_LEN. This does not cause a problem (as I unederstand),
because the space is allocated anyway and this string is not copied later
to fixed size arrays. I attached a patch with the fix, there is also a
couple of bsprintf replaced with safer bsnprintf calls.