BGP Route Aggregation - latest status ???

Foo Weng Chan fw.chan at toffstech.com
Sat Jan 28 02:26:04 CET 2023

Hi All,

I'm using latest BIRD 2.0.12 but still not seeing availability of BGP Route
Aggregation feature.

May I know any update on this feature since the most recent post I can find
per below :

https://bird.network.cz/pipermail/bird-users/2021-February/015203.html

My setup has a BGP border router receives multiple /32 prefixes from few
internal IBGP peers. When advertise it our to EBGP peers, I need to
aggregate it into a single /24 prefix as the upstream ISP does not accept
any prefix smaller than /24. Also, when all IBGP peer stop announcing /32
prefixes, I shall stop announcing /24 prefix to EBGP as well.

Basically this is exactly what Cisco IOS router do with the following BGP
command :

aggregate-address 103.1035.59.0 255.255.255.0 summary-only

Is that anyway to implement the above with BIRD ?

Thanks & rgds,

Chan