Feature Request: Preference in bird

Bernd Naumann bernd at kr217.de
Wed Jun 14 11:52:38 CEST 2023

On 14.06.23 11:29, Marek Küthe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that when you "mix" routing protocols, it can be useful to
> change the "preference", but unfortunately there is little
> documentation in bird about this and no way to view it.
>
> Is it possible to view the preference using "birdc"?

`birdc show route` shows the protocol preference at the end of the line
in brackets. Or do you mean something different, like when showing the
protocols? `show protocols all`, does show the preference, too.

> Is it possible to include the default values (in
> https://gitlab.nic.cz/labs/bird/-/blob/v2.0.12/nest/route.h#L748-755)
> in the documentation?

Yes, this blob is my reference, too :) And yes it would be nice if it
would be more visible...

Bernd