Graceful shutdown request signal

Alexander Zubkov green at qrator.net
Wed Jun 21 13:41:14 CEST 2023

Hello Maria,

Regarding restarts, I think the killer feature might be some sort of
restart, when bird execs a new binary, keeping all the file descriptors
open and its state somehow. So the new instance could transparently catch
up with all the running sessions, etc. It can serialize the internal state
somehow and then reinitialize it from that. But I'm afraid it would require
a great effort to implement something like that.