BIRD continues exporting routes but reports no exports

Hugo Slabbert hugo.slabbert at menlosecurity.com
Thu Mar 2 23:51:29 CET 2023

ah, right, apologies.

bird 2.0.7-4.1 on Debian 11.6, kernel  5.10.136-1

Looks like 2.0.7 was released Oct 16 2019 (https://bird.network.cz/?download),
so a fair chance we might be hitting this? It looks like something from
2.0.10 is available from the bullseye backports, with the most recent being
2.0.12 in bookworm or sid. I'll look at pulling one of those in to validate.

...where changes in functions sometimes got ignored.

This might be reaching, but would that explain the difference between
what's shown in route export status output versus what's actually being
exported?