Is there a way to clear sessions created by «neighbor range» option?

Valery Lutoshkin vpluto at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 09:19:26 CET 2023

Hi,

I use Bird 2.0.9 to spread a special list of prefixes via BGP to an unknown
list of users, so I use “neighbor range 0.0.0.0/0 external;” and a passive
mode.

In this situation, there are some dynamic protocols created by port
scanners or some other one-time connections. It is not a big deal, but
after some time the “show protocol” output looks huge, and I presume Bird
eats more memory with several thousand connections.

The only way I found to clear those dynamic protocols was to restart
Bird, but this affects real users of the service.

Is there another way to clear unsuccessful dynamic protocols? I can parse
the list of it, but still I didn’t find a way to clear a specific protocol,
like “clear protocol dynbgp2049” or smth. The best way would be to clear
“all protocols in the start state”, but AFAIK right now there is no command
like that in Birdc.

Best regards,
Valery