What does `BGP.23 [t]: 00 00 ca 6a` mean?

Maria Matejka maria.matejka at nic.cz
Fri Mar 17 09:06:31 CET 2023

Hello!

> What does `BGP.23 [t]: 00 00 ca 6a` mean? I have never seen this before
> in bird.

This should be a Path Attribute with ID 23, marked as transitive,
therefore RFC 9012 Tunnel Encapsulation Attribute, yet I fail to
interpret it in any reasonable way. We haven't implemented these yet,
anyway it's in this year's plan.

The display code for the unimplemented attributes is almost untested as
we haven't found any reasonable way to inject them in our testing setup.
Thus the only reliable thing is the attribute ID.

I suggest asking the other side what they intended to send.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Maria