Force bird to update bgp route configuration after X seconds

Pedro Henrique de Araújo Marques pedroam27 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 28 00:55:04 CEST 2023

Good evening, I'm doing some tests with BIRD for a while now and I would like some help with a problem I'm facing. I have the following BIRD configuration:

router id 10.0.0.128;

ipv4 table master4;
ipv6 table master6;
flow4 table flowtab4;
flow6 table flowtab6;

filter subnet_group1{
                if(bgp_community.len = 0) then {
                        bgp_community.add((555,555));
                        accept;
                }
                else{ accept; }

};

protocol bgp uplink1{
        local as 129;
        neighbor 10.0.1.128 as 128;
        multihop 1;
        ipv4{
                import filter { accept; };
                export filter subnet_group1;
        };
        ipv6{
                import filter { accept; };
                export filter subnet_group1;
        };
};

protocol static blackhole_ipv4_routes{
        route 10.0.90.100/32 blackhole;
        route 10.0.90.99/32 blackhole;
        ipv4;
};

I created a script that after some time it inserts some new routes into the  blackhole_ipv4_routes protocol defined above, let's say all of 10.0.0.0/24 for example. Is there an option that I could use in the config file to detect this change and update bird accordingly with the new table additions, or do I need to always call 'birdc -configure' after the script ends?