RFC 9234 (BGP roles) possible bug

Douglas Fischer fischerdouglas at gmail.com
Fri May 12 14:23:37 CEST 2023

This conversation piqued my curiosity...

P.S.: It's almost a fork on the topic, but maybe it could be a productive
conversation. I apologize in advance if I mess up.

Just for context:
I'm not a programmer!
I have some references of the concepts, but almost no practice in it.

How does Bird load these possible attribute variations?
In the specific case, where is it defined that 0 -> Provider, 1-> RS, 2 ->
RS-Client, 3 -> Customer, 4 -> Peer, and etc...?
Is this hardcoded in the source code?
Is there any lib apart from where this is described that is loaded at
binary initialization?

The same question applies to other questions like BGP Message types,
address families...

--
Douglas Fernando Fischer
Engº de Controle e Automação