IGP(OSPF) learned route not used for iBGP?

Maximilian Wilhelm max at rfc2324.org
Fri May 12 18:14:26 CEST 2023

Hi,

Anno domini 2023 Nico Schottelius via Bird-users scripsit:

I'm not totally sure what the NH issue is as I'm not fully following
topology and configuration, however OSPF on Wireguard interfaces works
with bird (at least v1.6):

[...]
> As the wireguard interface seems to be unusable with OSPF (likely due to
> missing multicast support),

Missing Multicast support isn't the issue (if you have PTP tunnels),
the lack of a link-local address is. I'm solving this with

  up echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/$IFACE/addr_gen_mode

in /etc/network/interfaces (on a Debian system), then OSPF works fine
on Wireguard PTP tunnels :)

Cheers,
Max
--
Alles sollte so einfach wie möglich gemacht sein.
Aber nicht einfacher.  (Einstein)