Low voltage server for bird.

Laura Smith n5d9xq3ti233xiyif2vp at protonmail.ch
Sun Oct 15 14:05:17 CEST 2023

2x PSU heavily limits your options.

There are tons of interesting 1x PSU options, but really once you're looking at 2x PSU then you're really looking at a proper 1U server, and so your best bet is to make sure you buy one that has high-efficiency PSUs ("gold" or whatever they call it these days).

The only option half-way-house option I know of that might be viable is one of the Deciso BV boxes (e.g. https://shop.opnsense.com/dec4000-series-opnsense-rack-security-appliance/)

The Decisio BV boxes ship as firewall appliances with a FreeBSD-based OS involved. However you can install the OS of your choice via USB boot (and observing the USB-serial port).  Of course this process is not officially supported by Decisio BV.