Problem with uplink network announcment in IPv6

Yasen Atanasov yasen6275 at abv.bg
Fri Mar 29 08:46:11 CET 2024

 Hello,
  I've experienced a strange problem when implementing IPv6 connectivity.

  My ISP gave me /126 for connection between bgp routers and uplink connectivity. A lot of(but not all) routes couldn't be inserted in the kernel. After some experimentation we realized that administrative route that is created buy the kernel for local networks was overridden by the bird and after that no new routes were inserted in the kernel table.
   ~# ip r get x::y     x::y from :: via x::y dev eth6 proto bird src x::z metric 32 pref medium    vs    x::y from :: dev eth6 proto kernel src x::z metric 256 pref medium

   Where x::y is uplink BGP peer and x::z our BGP router.
  Filtering /126 network from imports resolved the problem

  Is this normal behavior for Bird or some misconfiguration from our side?
 Should I report that as misconfiguration to my ISP?
  I'm using bid 2.0.12 from Devuan 5 repos.
  Any input will appreciated.
  Yasen