BIRD taking 50% CPU with RIP and 90 Routes

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Fri Jun 16 22:25:07 CEST 2000

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 11:32:49PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > i have seen a very high load produced by bird on one of
> > my machines. I am basically using the beneath config.
>
> You are running bird on more than one machine? Wow!

Yep - Going to distribute it to ~200 Machines in the next Months.

> Should bird delete local ethernet route under any circumstances?

I think all routing daemons could as long as "local" or "direct"
interfaces are not "known" to the routing process itself.

The problem was i think that Bird failed to add routes to the routing
table as the local ethernet was gone. Somewhere there in the "kernel"
protocol could be a tight loop retrying to add routes.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo at rfc822.org		      	+49-waiting-4-telekom
     "If you're not having fun right now, you're wasting your time."