RIP quiet mode?

Raymond E. Marcil ray at spectrumwireless.net
Fri Apr 27 00:33:32 CEST 2001

Hi All,

I'm using Bird v1.0.4 and trying to setup RIP to accept RIP routes but
not broadcast any routes on a specific interface, in the following
example eth0. I realize I could configure an export filter to block
broadcasting all RIP routes but I'd like the capability to block
broadcasting based on specific interfaces.

The problem is that in "quiet" mode bird doesn't seem to accept routes,
when I check the list of routes with route -n. Other modes like
broadcast and nolisten work fine.  Following is a copy of my bird.conf
file.

Thanks!   Ray

ray at spectrumwireless.net

log syslog all;
protocol direct {
  interface "-lo*", "*";
}
protocol kernel {
  learn yes;
  persist yes;
  scan time 20;
  import all;
  export all;
}
protocol device {
  scan time 10;
}
protocol ospf {
        disabled yes;
}
protocol rip {
        interface "eth0" { mode quiet; };
        import filter { if net = 0.0.0.0/0 then { reject; } else {
accept; } }
        export filter { if net = 0.0.0.0/0 then { reject; } else {
accept; } }
}
protocol static {
}