[Euro-ix-rs-vwg] New release 1.2.0

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri Jan 22 09:36:45 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 10:18:24AM +0300, Alexander Ilin wrote:

> > >  Hi Ondrej.
> > >
> > > You are not right - these values are not the same. Look at our output:
> >
> > These values should be the same. It is strange that they are not in your case.
> > But i see that your R15835x1 is connected to table T15835, but you run 'show'
> > command on table master. What if you use command:
> >
> > show route protocol R15835x1 table T15835 count
> >
> > it is the same as the value in 'show protocols all' ?
>
>  Hi Ondrej, thanks for a fast reply. Really, your command show another amount
> of prefixes,

Is that value the same as the value in 'show protocols all' ?

> but we want to see amount of prefixes, that accepted from peer,
> and as we could see ' show route protocol R15835x1 count' show exactly amount
> of prefixes, that accepted from peer. So, I have two questions:
>
> 1. Could you help us to understood what is the difference between the commands
> and why we see a little bit more prefixes with 'show route protocol R15835x1
> table T15835 count' instead of 'show route protocol R15835x1 count' ?

In your BIRD config, there are several routing tables and pipes between
them. Prefixes accepted from protocol R15835x1 are put to table T15835
and then they are propagated through some pipe to table master. The
difference between the commands is that each show the number of prefixes
in the different table. I am not sure why there is any difference,
perhaps you have some configured filter on that pipe?

> 2. Are there any way to see amount of accepted prefixes (show route protocol
> R15835x1 count) in show protocols all?

You can look at 'Routes: ' line in 'show protocols all' not for R15835x1
but for the pipe connecting T15835 and master. But this is also
something slightly different (if there is more protocols connected to
table T15835) and statistics for pipes works in one direction only
(which is a bug and will be fixed).