[Euro-ix-rs-vwg] New release 1.2.0

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon Jan 25 14:49:45 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 03:15:14PM +0300, Mikhail A. Grishin wrote:
> Yes, we had some filters on pipes for every client.
> Upon your explanation, we transfered filters from pipes to the "protocol
> bgp" section of the config.
>
> Now "show protocols all" output shows all needed information.

Just a note that moving filters from pipes to bgp protocols have several
other consequences, some positive, some negative:

1) You see just what is accepted and you cannot directly see rejected routes
(but they can be seen in log, if enabled).

2) Rejected routes does not eat memory.

3) If you change filters and call 'configure', the appropriate protocol
si restarted. If it is a pipe, it causes a route flap (routes propagated
through the pipe a withdrawn and immediately repropagated), if it is a bgp
protocol, it also causes a session flap (BGP session is restarted).
Possible workaround is to use 'configure soft' command (which ignores
changes related to filters) and then 'reload' command for protocols with
changed filters. We will change the behavior of 'configure' command to
do this automatically in next versions.