IRC

Jiří Kubíček jiri.kubicek at kraxnet.cz
Thu Mar 24 23:07:47 CET 2011

Hello,

there is ircnet which is most used in .cz, but there were some problems with this irc network so we moved for example #rubyonrails.cz to freenode a while ago and we do not experience any problems.

All of the free software channels I have recently used (ie. #puppet, #couchdb, #rabbitmq, #elasticsearch) are on freenode as well.

Already four of us are on #bird at freenode. Join us :)

Jiri Kubicek

On 24.3.2011, at 21:42, Chris Malayter wrote:

> From a network perspective, I'd much rather use a smaller network, than a large network like freenode.  Keeps the troll level down.
>
> -Chris
>
> On Mar 24, 2011, at 4:18 PM, Jiří Kubíček wrote:
>
>> Hello,

>>> +1 (_ruben at freenode)
>>

>> I have joined #bird channel on freenode. Meantime two other bird users have joined this channel as well.
>>
>> #bird channel was registered by another user, but has not been used by this user about a year.
>>
>> I have asked on #freenode channel, if there is any way to gain registration of this channel and i was pointed to group registration page (http://freenode.net/group_registration.shtml). This registration has to be filled by bird team representative.
>>
>> Another option is to use channel ##bird as unofficial bird channel, but I hope bird team will fill the registration.
>>
>> S pozdravem
>>
>> Jiri KUBICEK
>>
>> --
>> KRAXNET s.r.o. -  www.kraxnet.cz