One router - Two ASN

dspazman at epicup.com dspazman at epicup.com
Tue Mar 27 02:13:40 CEST 2012

I have run a bird router with two ASNs for a limited time at one point.

The way I had to run it was to have 3 routing tables, one for the first ASN, one for the second ASN, and finally one for the port on the router that was being connected to my customer equipment / network.  I also needed to look up multihomed linux routing on a lot of sources to find the correct ways of adding incoming traffic rules to make sure that traffic that came in on one connection left on the same connection.

It seemed like a relatively easy project, but it took me days bashing my head against various walls getting it completely set up and stable.  I have various static routes that needed to be put in place to make it all work.