Bird RIP does not send some packages

Aleksey Chudov aleksey.chudov at gmail.com
Mon May 13 15:22:17 CEST 2013

On 13.05.2013 11:03, Ondrej Filip wrote:
> On 13.5.2013 09:19, Aleksey Chudov wrote:
>> Hi Ondrej,
>>
>> Sorry for bothering. Have you tried to fix a bug in the split-horizon?
> Well I have rewritten the RIP protocol. However it is not tested so I
> did not put it into 1.3.10. But if you have some testing capacity,
> please test git branch RIP. But precisely this issue has not been
> fixed yet. But I plan to work on it.
>
> 		Ondrej

I have a fairly simple RIP configuration. I'm not sure that my tests
will be enough, but in any case I'll try to test the basic functionality
tonight.

According to http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2453#section-3.4.3 current
implementation of the split-horizon in the bird only supports "Split
horizon with poisoned reverse". In some cases it is convenient to
disable "poisoned reverse" and use generic "Split horizon". For example,
to reduce the amount of RIP packet with a short RIP update period. Could
you add a configuration option to disable poisoned reverse?

Aleksey