Routes in kernel table not being imported

Iain iainbuc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 19:53:57 CET 2013

Hi,

I posted a while ago with some problems that I thought were probably due my IPSEC set-up, so I switched to StrongSWAN to try and simplify things.  I now get my IPSEC routes appearing in kernel table 220, and I’d like to import these routes into Bird.

As a first step, If I start Bird up with the config file below on Machine B:

log syslog all;
debug protocols all;

protocol kernel {
	learn;
	persist;
	scan time 10;
	import all;
	export none;
	kernel table 220;
}

protocol device {
	scan time 10;
}

# Not sure this stuff is relevant for this question
protocol ospf myOSPF {
	import all;
	export all;
	area 0 {
		interface “tunnelAB" {
			cost 5;
			type ptp;
			hello 5; retransmit 2; wait 10; dead 20;
		};
	};
}

I see messages in my /var/log/syslog saying “Received route … with strange next-hop …” as it picks up my table 220 routes.  If I then run “birdc” and do a “show route” I get nothing output.  Is this expected?

Iain