Infer BGP 'source address' value dynamically

Eric Cables ecables at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 22:44:19 CEST 2014

I was hoping someone could assist with defining a local constant for a BGP
'source address' through dynamic means. An example would be 'router id
from' where a mask and prefix can be identified to inherit the router ID.

router id from "lo*" 192.168.0.0/24;
saddr = <whatever router id inherited>

I was hoping that router id would be an internal symbol, but I don't see it
in the 'show symbols ...' output.

Any thoughts? The goal is to make this configuration as dynamic as
possible, so that it can be deployed to a number of systems without manual
changes on each.

-- Eric Cables