Possibility of adding bgpsec code to the BIRD repo.

Pavel Tvrdík pavel.tvrdik at nic.cz
Tue Mar 22 17:49:31 CET 2016

Hi Michael.

On 2016-03-03 20:52, Michael Baer wrote:
> I had a question for the development team.  My group, and me
> specifically,
> have been working on adding BGPsec support into the BIRD code base.  We
> initially hoped to have it merged into the standard BIRD repository and
> are getting to the point when that would be appropriate.  The main
> question I have is, are you interested in looking at and/or merging the
> code into your repo, optimally sometime in the next 2-3 months?
>
> As background, the current version is built on the BIRD 1.4.5 code base
> and the BGPsec code can be included, or not, at build time.  A slightly
> older version of the code is available at: http://bgpsec.tislabs.com/.
> There is still some final updates to the protocol being completed at
> the
> IETF. I would want to update the code to that version of the protocol
> (which is very likely the final version) as well as merge it with the
> 1.5 code base over the next month or two.
>
> -Mike

Thank you and your team very much for this effort and the code. We're
interested in BGPSec and merging the code into our repo, but probably
not in the current major branch  1.x. We're planning make a release of
IPv4 and IPv6 integrated version 2.x too. There will be a native support
of RPKI and we would like to merge your code to 2.x version.

Cheers,
BIRD Team