Bird Daemon Performance and usage information

Eloi Carbó Solé eloicaso at gmail.com
Sat May 20 17:08:19 CEST 2017

Hello,

I am working on my MSc. dissertation which is about improving existing
Bird's integration with UCI configuration scheme for OpenWRT/LEDE firmwares
(if someone is interested [0]). As part of my documentation I am trying to
highlight Bird's performance against other well-known software as well as
adoption rates in IXPs or other organisations. There is some information I
already used in the past for the project that gave birth to this
integration in OpenWRT (~2014) but I cannot find
presentations/papers/graphics using the latest versions or
news/announcements from IXPs or organisations using Bird.

Right now I am referencing some presentations [1], news [2] and old data
coming from years 2012-2015 but, is there any extra documents I could use
as evidence of Bird's performance/adoption rate or latest presentations to
the public?

Best regards,

​​--
Eloi Carbó​

​[0] https://github.com/eloicaso/bird-openwrt
​[1] https://people.netfilter.org/pablo/netdev0.1/slides/ondrej-
zajicek-slides-netdev01.pdf​
[2] https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/community/osor/case/bird-
manages-routing-worlds-largest-internet-exchanges