Bird Daemon Performance and usage information

Aris Lambrianidis effulgence at outlook.com
Mon May 22 12:38:38 CEST 2017

Hi Eloi,

This presentation is by now outdated, so its usefulness is limited, but it might be interesting if only for historic purposes:
https://ams-ix.net/downloads/ams-ix-route-server-implementations-performance.pdf

Kind regards,
Aris

Eloi Carbó Solé<mailto:eloicaso at gmail.com>
20 May 2017 at 17:08
Hello,

I am working on my MSc. dissertation which is about improving existing Bird's integration with UCI configuration scheme for OpenWRT/LEDE firmwares (if someone is interested [0]). As part of my documentation I am trying to highlight Bird's performance against other well-known software as well as adoption rates in IXPs or other organisations. There is some information I already used in the past for the project that gave birth to this integration in OpenWRT (~2014) but I cannot find presentations/papers/graphics using the latest versions or news/announcements from IXPs or organisations using Bird.

Right now I am referencing some presentations [1], news [2] and old data coming from years 2012-2015 but, is there any extra documents I could use as evidence of Bird's performance/adoption rate or latest presentations to the public?

Best regards,

​​--
Eloi Carbó​

​[0] https://github.com/eloicaso/bird-openwrt