Arista Switch BFD issue - custom port

Jakub Nowacki jnowacki at greywizard.com
Mon Aug 13 15:14:10 CEST 2018

Hi,

I'm running BIRD on Arista which allows access to Linux bash. I'm having
issue with running multihop BFD session on it and I believe it's related to
port being already binded.

> bash-4.3# netstat -tulpen | grep 4784

 udp6       0      0 :::4784                 :::*
>       0          4269       -

Above is netstat output from bash on Arista (there is no BFD configured on
switch). When I try to run *nc -ul4 4784* I'm getting

> Ncat: bind to 0.0.0.0:4784: Address already in use. QUITTING.

I couldn't find any configuration option for BFD to change port being used,
but maybe there is one?
Perhaps anyone run into similar issue and have a workaround?
--

Kuba Nowacki

Senior NetOps

M: +(48) 605 508 118

E: jnowacki at greywizard.com

GreyWizard Sp. z o.o.

ul. Palacza 113

60-273 Poznań, Poland

NIP: 779-24-22-423

Regon: 302744400

KRS: 0000512326

greywizard.com

support at greywizard.com

+48 22 201 33 13

Sąd Rejonowy w Poznaniu, VIII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru
Sądowego. Kapitał zakładowy 10000 PLN.