BGP resolvable issue

Arvin Gan AGan at advaoptical.com
Wed Aug 22 03:41:52 CEST 2018

Hi Ondrej,
   Thanks for your info :)
Thanks
Arvin

-----Original Message-----
From: Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:00 PM
To: Arvin Gan <AGan at advaoptical.com>
Cc: bird-users at network.cz
Subject: Re: BGP resolvable issue

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 01:43:58AM +0000, Arvin Gan wrote:
> Ping, anyone known it ?:)
>
> Thanks
> Arvin

Hi

IMHO resolvability condition is completely unrelated to ARP/NDP. See RFC
4271 9.1.2.2, host route is resolved in the same way as regular route.
NEXT_HOP is one IP address, but resolvability check does longest-matching prefix match to find matching prefix.

Ondrej 'Santiago' Zajicek (email: santiago at crfreenet.org) OpenPGP encrypted e-mails preferred (KeyID 0x11DEADC3, wwwkeys.pgp.net) "To err is human -- to blame it on a computer is even more so."