Help with multiple routing tables.

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Aug 23 00:34:05 CEST 2018

On 08/21/2018 06:44 AM, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
> Hi

Hi,

> You are right that you should use the direct protocol, kernel 'device'
> routes are not learned anyway even with 'learn' option.

Thank you.

I'll do some more reading on what "learn" does (not) do in the kernel
protocol context.

> As Toke wrote, protocol (or more precisely channel) could be connected
> to one table. You should use a pipe to propagate routes between table
> and connect the RIP to one of the tables.

Thank you, both of you, for your answers.

It sounds like I will likely need to use a pipe to "leak" (is that the
proper term?) the default route from kernel table 253 into RIP and
filter the default out so that it doesn't get populated into kernel
routing table 254.

Please stop me if that's not the track that I should be going down.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die