Redistribution of BGP path via OSPF

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Sat Dec 28 17:48:15 CET 2019

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 01:22:53PM +0100, Nico Schottelius wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> we have setup OSPF internally to redistribute all of our routes and it
> seems that we lose the as path on the way:

Hello

You do not want export BGP routes to OSPF, or even export them back to
BGP. That is unreasonable setup with today BGP table sizes, and intristic
limitations like inability to transfer BGP attributes (as you noticed).

The standard setup is to use OSPF for internal routes and IBGP for external
ones. Or just IBGP with direct / next hop self, if topology is simple enough.