Redistribution of BGP path via OSPF

Nico Schottelius nico.schottelius at ungleich.ch
Sun Dec 29 12:03:04 CET 2019

Good morning,

thanks for the clarification, I think I begin to get it.

- Using eBGP for getting/peering externally
- Using OSPF to distribute internal routes as well as routes to the
  upstreams
- Using iBGP to distribute the external routes with unmodified next hop
  ("direct; gateway recursive;")

Does that sound/look sane to you?

Best,

Nico

p.s.: I have to say I find the "next hop self" / iBGP approach a bit
confusing, as it hides the original route and makes it hard to debug
issues.

--
Modern, affordable, Swiss Virtual Machines. Visit www.datacenterlight.ch