bfd configuration

Joel Dahl joel at vnode.se
Tue Feb 12 21:08:17 CET 2019

Hi,

I've enabled bfd on an iBGP session between two routers. The routers are directly connected, just L2.

Taking down the iBGP session (in this case, rebooting the router) results in the following which I find a bit confusing:

# birdc show proto
BIRD 2.0.3 ready.
Name       Proto      Table      State  Since         Info
bfd_ibgp_v4 BFD        ---        up     2019-02-11
ibgp_v4    BGP        ---        start  20:59:33.284  Connect       Received: Administrative shutdown

Why is bfd still in "up" state?

Configuration from one of the routers:

protocol bfd bfd_ibgp_v4 {
        interface "igb2" {