BFD multihop with Junos

Arzhel Younsi arzhel at younsi.org
Tue Mar 12 18:04:28 CET 2019

Bingo! As soon as I the system TTL to 255, the session went up. Thanks a lot!

Now that we know where to look, we started to dig a bit in the code to not have to change the TTL system wide but only for Bird.

It seems like there a TODO to make the TTL value customizable: https://github.com/BIRD/bird/blob/master/proto/bfd/packets.c#L453
And in some (so far unknown) cases, it sets the TTL to 255 https://github.com/BIRD/bird/blob/master/proto/bfd/packets.c#L456

--
Arzhel