BFD multihop with Junos

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Mar 12 18:47:29 CET 2019

That is for single-hop BFD cases. As i wrote in the previous e-mail:

> For single-hop BFD sessions, the RFC 5880 requires TTL security
> mechanism and therefore BIRD specifies outgoing TTL 255.

You can just change it to "sk->ttl = 255;" and recompile.

Is this 'min-recv-TTL 254' some special setting in Juniper, or its
default BFD behavior? If the second case, then perhaps it would be best
to make a bugreport to Juniper as they have packet checks that are not
requested by BFD specifications.