BGP - draft-ietf-idr-bgp-optimal-route-reflection-19

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Nov 6 13:39:22 CET 2019

On Tue, Nov 05, 2019 at 08:26:07PM +0200, Philippe Duke wrote:
> Hello, Ondrej.
>
> I think like this is the option for now. Would like to try gain some
> experience with protocol implementations in spare time if I have one.
>
> Tired of my current operational job routine.
>

> Just want to know how is the BGP parsing/serialization code is presented
> in BIRD.
>
> Do you have some documentation on library structures (net_addr_*) and BGP?

Hello

net_addr_* structures are not much documented, but they are mostly
straightforward. Just look on some other nettype is handled and copy
that.

There are some documentation in BGP (comments and generated documentation
[*]), but probably not good enough to get full understanding.

[*] https://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&f=prog.html&v=20

> I see a lot of code in one single bgp.c and bgp.h without separation by AF.

AF-specific code is stored in bgp/packets.c as most of BGP code is
AF-independent. Look at bgp_af_table structure.