Unsupported empty lists - why?

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Sep 18 12:29:09 CEST 2019

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 02:46:15PM +0900, Nico Schottelius wrote:

> Hello,
>
> being a bird 1.6 user (Debian), I find myself often
> in the situation that I'd like to define a variable in either bird.conf
> or bird6.conf and have a general.conf that defines the filters used in
> both protocols.

Hello

The reason why we do not support empty sets is because we have more types
of sets (prefix sets, integer sets, ...) and they have even different
implementation. With empty set literal it would be hard to decide which
type of set it should be.

Trivial workaround is to add some prefix that is invalid anyway, like
0.0.0.0/32.