Unsupported empty lists - why?

Nico Schottelius nico.schottelius at ungleich.ch
Wed Sep 18 15:08:58 CEST 2019

Hey Ondrej,

I just tried this with IPv6 as follows and get a "funny" error message:

bird> conf
Reading configuration from /etc/bird/bird6.conf
/etc/bird/bird6.conf:48:32 net_unused: set-incompatible type
bird>

config:

define net_unused = ::/128;
define net_prefer_to_init7 = [ net_unused ];

When I change this to directly including the network:

bird> conf
Reading configuration from /etc/bird/bird6.conf
/etc/bird/bird6.conf:53:13 syntax error
bird>

config:

define net_prefer_to_init7 = [ ::/128 ];

As far as I can see, this is a valid route and I wanted to use this for
empty IPv6 sets.

Am I doing something completely wrong here?

--
Your Swiss, Open Source and IPv6 Virtual Machine. Now on www.datacenterlight.ch.