graceful restart command not shown in context help

Christoph cm at appliedprivacy.net
Sat Sep 21 13:56:06 CEST 2019

Hello,

(for some unknown reason I'm not getting any emails from this mailing
list even though I'm subscribed, please keep me in CC if you reply thanks!)

The NEWS entry for BIRD 2.0.5 mentions the graceful restart command:

https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/labs/bird/blob/master/NEWS :> Version 2.0.5
(2019-08-01)
[...]
>   o Graceful restart command

but I didn't see it in the "?" output so I assumed it does not exist:

birdc
BIRD 2.0.6 ready.
bird> ?
quit                                           Quit the client
exit                                           Exit the client
help                                           Description of the help
system
show ...                                       Show status information
dump ...                                       Dump debugging information
eval <expr>                                    Evaluate an expression
echo ...                                       Control echoing of log
messages
disable (<protocol> | "<pattern>" | all) [message]  Disable protocol
enable (<protocol> | "<pattern>" | all) [message]  Enable protocol
restart (<protocol> | "<pattern>" | all) [message]  Restart protocol
reload <protocol> | "<pattern>" | all          Reload protocol
debug ...                                      Control protocol
debugging via BIRD logs
mrtdump ...                                    Control protocol
debugging via MRTdump files
restrict                                       Restrict current CLI
session to safe commands
configure ...                                  Reload configuration
down                                           Shut the daemon down

By using "g<tab>", auto-completion revealed the existence of the command
and it works as intended.

bird> graceful restart
Graceful restart requested
Connection closed by server

Would be great to add it to the interactive help output so more people
can find out about it by using "?".

thanks!
Christoph