graceful restart command not shown in context help

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Sun Sep 22 23:05:38 CEST 2019

On Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 01:56:06PM +0200, Christoph wrote:
> Hello,
>
> >   o Graceful restart command
>
> but I didn't see it in the "?" output so I assumed it does not exist:
>
> ...>
> By using "g<tab>", auto-completion revealed the existence of the command
> and it works as intended.
>
> bird> graceful restart
> Graceful restart requested
> Connection closed by server
>
> Would be great to add it to the interactive help output so more people
> can find out about it by using "?".

Hello

Thanks for noticing it. This is an interesting point, as commands
are generally added automatically to the interactive help output,
but it works a bit differently for multi-word commands. Will fix that.

> (for some unknown reason I'm not getting any emails from this mailing
> list even though I'm subscribed, please keep me in CC if you reply thanks!)

That also happened to me several months ago. We did not found the cause
and i workarounded that by subscribing from a different mail address on
another mail server assuming that it is some problem with my mail server,
but it seems that it affect more people so perhaps it is an issue on ML
mail server. So we should probably check it once more.