Kernel protocol

Alexander Zubkov green at qrator.net
Fri Mar 20 10:43:13 CET 2020

Hi,

It depends on what you are trying to achieve. Of course bird can
function without an instance of the kernel protocol. But in that case
it can not push any routes into the routing table of your os. If you
need those routes only to spread them for some other reasons then it
is probable that you do not need to use the kernel protocol.