BIRD Journey to Threads: Chapter zero of a blogpost series

Maria Matejka maria.matejka at nic.cz
Mon Mar 15 11:42:14 CET 2021

Hello!

As we're working on multithreading support in BIRD, there is a need to
document this. There is a user documentation (which almost doesn't
change) and a programmer's documentation composed mostly of comments
spread across the source code.

There is also a kind-of high-level documentation to describe how are the
BIRD's internal processes changing. If you're just an ordinary user, you
don't need to care much about that. We're sharing this mostly for people
who know (or want to know) how BIRD works internally and how it is going
to change.

The zeroth chapter is here, other chapters should follow soon:

https://en.blog.nic.cz/2021/03/15/bird-journey-to-threads-chapter-0-the-reason-why/

(Content: An introduction and summary of previous major BIRD structural
changes.)

I deeply appreciate your feedback and questions.

Maria