New to routing: what protocol do I need?

Arnaud Houdelette-Langlois arnaud.houdelette at normandie-univ.fr
Wed Apr 26 14:47:26 CEST 2023

Hi

The ISP-side router needs to know that it must route the /64s to your
router.

Most of the time this is done via DHCPv6/PD (PD stands for
Prefix-Delegation). You won't be able to do this with bird.

Router advertisement do not do routing at all. It is just there to
auto-configure hosts.

Arnaud Houdelette-Langlois
Administrateur des infrastructures systèmes et réseaux
Normandie Université
+33 2 31 56 69 54